2 Lbs Chicken
2 Teaspoons mix meat seasoning (season to taste)
3 Tablespoons Soya sauce
1 Teaspoon browning
A pinch of salt (season to taste)
Sprig of thyme
˝ of fresh Pineapple peeled and cut in cubes
12oz Pineapple Juice
(1) Cut chicken into desirable sizes
(2) add meat seasoning, soya sauce, browning, salt, black pepper, thyme and combined well.
(3) Allow to marinate for at least (1 hour) the longer the better.
(4) Add oil to a sauce pan and brown meat equally. (The aim is to get the color that you like)
(5) Remove chicken and place in a baking tin, add pineapple adequate juice and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
(6) Place in preheated oven at 280 degrees for 35mins (Bake until tender)
(7) Remove from the oven, add pineapple chunks and additional pineapple juice if needed. (depending on how much is remaining in the baking tin)
(8) Place it again inside the oven as without covering/ this is to cook the pineapple and improve on the color of the chicken and the thickening of the sauce.
(9) basting frequently as necessary for the duration of this process.(the more the better) (add more pineapple juice if necessary)
Copyright© BestJamaica 2014 all rights reserved.
Best Jamaica Recipes